Whether you stay at the Hotel Medici and focus your time in Florence, or are doing a whirlwind tour of Italy, please have a look at the links below which will help you to best plan your trip and to get the most out of your time. You will find information on travel, tours and local events in Florence as well as a selection of 2 star hotel accommodation in other Italian cities.
- City and museum tours and cooking classes etc.
- The local English speaking newspaper.
- Cheap car hire company if you wish to explore further afield.
- Useful information if arriving by plane.
- Hot information on what to see and do in Florence.
- Find out train times and prices to other cities.
Recommended hotels in the rest of Italy
- Hotel Texas Rome
- Flann O’Brien Rooms Rome
- A Casa Di Teli Guest House Rome - Budget accommodation in the heart of the city, sister of the Casa di Harley.
- Hotel Maryelen Rome - Cheap and cheerful 3-star hotel and located in the city centre near Piazza Vittorio and Termini.
- Hotel Villa Franceschi Venice - Exclusive 5 star accommodation in the rolling landscape of the Brenta Riviera in Veneto.
- Romantik Hotel Villa Margherita Venice - Countryside hotel with on-site a la carte restaurant, located in the town of Mira Porte.
- Ristorante Margherita Venice - Gourmet restaurant in the Brenta Riviera serving fine Adriatic traditional cuisine.
- Hotel Ecoalbergo Bracciano - Eco-friendly is the thought of the stay at this lovely 3-star with an organic twist near Rome.
- San Ruffino Resort Pisa - A resort built out of a 17th century castle in the countryside town of Lari near Pisa in Tuscany.
- Il Poggio di San Ruffino Pisa - In the small town of Lari in Tuscany just five minutes drive from the Casciana Terme.
- Hotel Casale La Sterpaia Pisa - 3-star family hotel in ample private park land on the outskirts of Pisa.
- Hotel Clodio Rome - Elegant 4 star hotel in the leafy suburb of Prati near the stadium and the Vatican City.
- Hotel Terminal Rome
- Villa Gengi Rome - Atmospheric family guest house in the Lazio town of Ardea just 30 km south of Rome.
- Residenza Sole al Pantheon Rome - Luxury guest house located right in front of the Pantheon in the spellbinding historical centre of Rome.
- Damaso Hotel Rome - Newly opened 3 star hotel, part of the Albergo del Senato family of experienced hoteliers.
- Hotel Taormina Rome - Family owned 2 star hotel in Rome.
- B&B Domus Betti Rome - Comfortable budget 2 star on the doorstep of the Vatican.
- Hotel Stromboli Rome - Competitive prices right in the centre of Rome.
- Hotel Belle Epoque Venice - Venetian style 2 star accommodation right by the Grand Canal.
- Hotel Tre Archi Venice - Family run 3 star hotel which is located at the juxtaposition of 3 arches in Venice only 15 minute walk from the station of Santa Maria Lucia, some great Venetian trattorias and eateries on your doorstep and St. Mark’s square is only 20 minutes walk away.
- Hotel Sempione Milan - Top quality family run 3 star in the centre.
- Hotel Sorella Luna Siracusa - Greatly positioned hotel with views over Etna
- Navona Living Rome - Exclusive Guest House in the centre of Rome
- Residenza Sole al Pantheon Rome - Central Hotel a few steps away from the Pantheon in Rome
- Wedding Reception Trastevere - A beautiful hotel in the centre of Rome.
- Trustever Hostel Rome - Trendy backpacker hostel with artsy decor and discounted access to a gym and swimming pool. Breakfast optional.
- Hub Navona Guest House Rome - High end accommodation in Rome’s renaissance centre just a stone’s throw from Piazza Navona.
- Nuova Monaco Hotel Rome - Brand new family run budget accommodation in Rome with wi-fi and air conditioning included.
- The Liberty Boutique Hotel Rome - Small yet refined hotel opened in the summer of 2017 with a sleek interior design and a central city location.
- EuroHotel Roma Nord - Large executive style business hotel with state of the art congress centre located north of the city.
- The Liberty Boutique Hotel Rome - 4 star boutique style hotel newly opened near Termini and the University La Sapienza in Rome.
- Park Ginevra Hotel Rome - Large hotel on the edge of town with full conference facilities, gym, car park and much much more.
- B&B Opera Rooms 66 Rome - Four rooms in the heart of Rome near the city’s busiest shopping streets Via Nazionale and Via del Corso.
- B&B Villa della Fonte Rome - Cute and cosy Rome B&B in the heart of the tourist haven of Trastevere with scooter rental.
- Guest House Chester Suites Rome - Luxurious guest house near the Vatican with all the mod cons you need.
- Galatea Hotel Rome - Stylish, luxurious hotel yet modern and comfortable in a perfect central location. Rate includes breakfast and wi-fi.
- Wedding Reception in Rome
Click on the links below to find a selection of hotels in the area you wish to visit.